Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Active  | Guidelines  | Search

Quick Go »
No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 247
Posts: 247   Pages: 25   [ Previous Page | 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 18081 times and has 246 replies Next Thread
ultimaThule
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: .

Interesting depiction in that statue. Here is a view from the other side. Here I can see the man in the sculpture.
http://www.vanderkrogt.net/statues/object.php?webpage=ST&record=fi038

Cheers

That building behind statue, explain why I like Art Nouveau so much biggrin
Here is pic from courtyard behind that tower.

----------------------------------------

[Jun 9, 2015 4:41:33 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ultimaThule
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

I have been fishing, some very good weather for that. Once a decade stuff.
Oddly when somebody pee to his cheese-mould somewhere on Mediterranean, fishing weather will become most joyfully here on latest Northern.

Got some real rare pieces, like this thousand (1000) year bond.
At least hope so, honestly afraid that will receive some landmail from Goldman Suck's call-girl on summer 2023.
Those Tier-1 (hybrid) bond are seriously complicated loans, and for sure I can say that there is no way that bond would pass Basel-3 regulations, so they just use their right (call-date) to buy loan back on 06/2023.
If not (kind of too good to be true) I have 20y some excellent yield on my hands. Think it was 5y swap + 5% cowboy

Play it again Zorba, play song of Greece for me
https://youtu.be/6eeb8Q_4X8s

[Edit 4 times, last edit by ultimaThule at Jul 7, 2015 9:41:44 AM]
[Jul 7, 2015 7:39:25 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Interval of summer sale here. I have no absolute any idea what did just shock waved through this continent, but because I can count, I was so able to see that for some odd reason 100€ bills were sold price tag of 97€. Did also buy Northern bank stocks, which are over-performing voluntary bases future ultrahigh safety-regulations about 8% already. Those institutions are ultra-strongholds that should not have anything to do with with current situation , but for some reason, they valuation did take full hit. Nope, do not try to understand reason. Just boulder my part of trench like expected. Did not went to badly, was able to gain about 3% per day biggrin IMHO, south will never raise again.

I do not know what they might have been thinking on the Hellenistic peninsula, but I get the feeling they have shot themselves in the foot. I may be off base, but I think staying with the Euro and bringing their corruption, pension, civil service and tax system under control would certainly serve them better in the long run. Let us see how they, the IMF and ECB get out of this mess.

Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Jul 11, 2015 2:50:04 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ultimaThule
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

Darn Joe biggrin

Did delete my writing since was kind of floating on ethanol, when wrote that.
What creeps me is that I somehow seems to be more polite dude when sinking loaded. So I'm just ookoo dude when not wake or sober....... Darn.....

But sure lesson learnt, I happen to be happy owner of some CDS's.
So what ever did happen here, my portfolio was seriously re-formed from cash to bonds, stocks and CDS.

Well, about south.
Think it is already front page news tha FI is mostly strongly agains any new deals.
Philosophy behind this is called "pulushakki" which litterary translated means checc with pigeon. You know, it stomp all tokens, ****to table and yell itself as winner.
Item what we know here on North, is that there will be Winter. Yes, there will be Winter every year, no matter how jolly good time there was on beach party.

Sorry about typoes, some mobile gadgets.

*edited to appropriate forum language - ErikaT

[Edit 1 times, last edit by ErikaT at Jul 13, 2015 12:19:48 AM]
[Jul 12, 2015 9:43:49 AM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

I did not not realize you had deleted the post. I must have copied the quote, pated it, and started my reply, which I finished later because I got busy with other stuff, like repairing woodpecker holes in cedar shakes. I can edit it out if you wish.
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Jul 12, 2015 12:16:30 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ultimaThule
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

Please leave it Joe, just fine smile

Some lighter items.
This spring/summer has been so very arctic one, that it was kind of reasonable question to make, will there be any berries on forest.
You know -> frost -> no bumble bees -> no berries.

But sure, there is lot of those. Did squad on cold rain and fill my belly with super-food.
Sure, I know that there is this boom for exotic berries like goji-berries etc, but when ever there is .gov -source summary about this, it seems to lead to conclusion that more ever plants need to resist themselves against UV-radiation, more antioxidants they will generate. This 24h sunlight just leaves it marks to local berries, at-least in vitro.
There is also a lot theories that just picked berries have very unique taste profile because they are full of glutamate acid, that will be lost very rapidly, some 30 min or something.
For sure I can say that Polish frozen -> melted (no taste absolutely what so ever) berries are sold here with price-tag of 6€/500g ($US 6.5 / ½ US Quart).

What ever, there I was on forest on heavy cold rain. On my temple, on my church, on my cathedral like any other creatures. And sure, I was so happy.

For newbies about local forest, do not eat anything by the colors. Think four Thai dude(tte)s died couple of year ago, since they though that white mushrooms are safe to eat. Nope.
So do not eat berries just because they are blue either. There is several berries carrying atropine (sure, ancient execution poison here, Sokrates jaadi jaadi jaa). So do your homework.
Also comb your skin through when get out of forest and spend extra tension to hairs.
Biggest danger is mites which can carry (well, on possibility of 0,02% or something) borrelioosi .
Moose fly will cause "only" severe fever, but these local forest are seriously full of those.

I was lucky, was able to gain only one tiny spider biggrin
But generally, if I cannot notice spider on my skin, then it is hundred to one that I would notice highly specified skin crawler. So just comp your skin after returning from local forest.

https://youtu.be/u-eI6eEU2jM

[Edit 3 times, last edit by ultimaThule at Jul 12, 2015 1:58:18 PM]
[Jul 12, 2015 1:02:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Very familiar with Lyme disease. I have known several people with the tick bites and and the subsequent disease. All have recovered. The treatment here is 3 weeks of twice a day doxycycline. Tick season lasts from snow melt to about this time of year. Regular ticks at least you can see. Those pesky deer ticks are much smaller. I don't care for either one. Every night at bedtime during tick season I do a tick check before going to bed.
Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Jul 12, 2015 4:52:05 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ultimaThule
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

Another seriously odd week here again, this time it come from Japan.

There was some creative book keeping on grand size company, it did become local matter because C.E.O of this Nippon company was forced to sell his 5% owning of local engineering company.
This 5% was sold to institution "blindly" to average joes like me, but sure there was once again this seriously unnecessary recoil without any real reason.

I know this company pretty well by figures, and did not own it previously simply because stock was so realistically priced, there was not much more to gain than aprox. 3% dividens.
But sure, there was this short time window when it was possibility to get shares with very reasonable price, to cut risk level close to normal bank account with seriously revarding return.
I mean, company has 0 debt, 1 billion cash and 8 billion orders. It not far fetched that it might be biggest elevator company on world. So sure, did get my share(s) when there was once again grand panic on the air.

https://youtu.be/eAqAChwg7Sc?t=1m28s

[Jul 24, 2015 8:57:07 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ultimaThule
Veteran Cruncher
Project Badges:

Ou poi, another rainy Sunday, another day well spend on forest.

On last sunny Sunday, I did get vivid recall that local mosquitoes can suck hamster dry on fly and there is full army for every item on fauna with lungs...
These local forest are just torture chambers on nice summer days, really it just fifteen minutes before pain get too big.

But sure, cold rain do hundred time better result than Thermacell.

Seasonally thinking, there is just so lut berries on forest this year after all, and they have now get final phase.
Hope pic can point out that now berries skin has this kind of glossy marble kind of view to even human eye.
Birds can see ultraviolet light invisible to human eye, so probably those berries are some disco balls right now for original target group.

So to taste, before this final phase, all those alkaloid acid where on main role, so blueberries did have strong unripe taste.
All those acids are still there (easy to notice by reflection from salivary glands), but since for these last weeks they increase sugar content, this sweet taste simply camouflage fact that they honestly are bitter berries full of acids. Those just are interpret as sweet on this phase by tongue, but as mentioned salivary glands still have their honest opinion, so there is odd kind of invisible barb wire on mouth feeling when eating these babies.

https://youtu.be/bf3Q7aD8cDI

[Edit 3 times, last edit by ultimaThule at Jul 26, 2015 1:03:31 PM]
[Jul 26, 2015 12:39:18 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sgt.Joe
Ace Cruncher
USA
Project Badges:

Not sure what a lut berry is, but those do look like nice blueberries. I have tried to grow a couple of different cultivars of blueberries (recommended by the University of Minnesota), but I think I do not have the right soil type as I did not have much success.

Cheers
Sgt. Joe
*Minnesota Crunchers*
[Jul 26, 2015 3:34:08 PM]   Link   Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 247   Pages: 25   [ Previous Page | 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread